In Tibetan Buddhism, Om Tare Tuttare Ture Soha is an ancient mantra that is related khổng lồ Tara, the “Mother of all Buddhas,” & especially lớn her manifestation as Greeen Tara. Tara, who Tibetans also call Dolma, is commonly thought to lớn be a Bodhisatva or Buddha or compassion and action, a protector who comes to lớn our aid to relieve us of physical, emotional và spiritual suffering.
Bạn đang xem: What is om tara tu tara tu ray swaha?
TARA’S 21 FORMS
Tara has 21 major forms, each of which has a different màu sắc and spiritual attribute. Of these 21 forms, two are especially popular among Tibetan people – trắng Tara, who is associated with compassion và long life, và Green Tara, who associated with enlightened activity and abundance. We usually think of Om Tare Tuttare Ture Soha as Green Tara’s Mantra, although sometimes it is used as the mantra for all the Tara’s.
His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama Reciting the Green Tara Mantra:
(HH begins a few minutes after the begining of the recording)
The first Dalai Lama wrote that we can điện thoại tư vấn on her khổng lồ instantly save us from eight particular dangers, each of which represents a corresponding human mental problem:
- Lions - Pride - wild elephants - delusion & ignorance - forest fires - hatred - snakes - jealousy - robbers - wrong views, including fanatical views - prisons - greed & miserlines - floods - desire & attachment - demons - doubts caused by delusionOrdinary Tibetans pray khổng lồ her when we are sick, when leaving for a long journey, or when we hope for success or wealth. His Holiness’ teaching shows us that this is not actually the true purpose of praying to or reciting mantras to lớn Tara.
His Holiness the 17th Karmapa reciting the Green Tara Mantra:
When we chant the Green Tara mantra, we are not simply asking for Tara’s blessing và help with our lives & our “real world” problems. Actually, we are also asking khổng lồ be liberated from the misery of the mental delusions & negative emotions that blind us to true freedom, & to achieve the same enlightened body, speech và mind that Tara represents, not only for our own benefit, but for the benefit of all sentient beings.
Meaning of the Green Tara Mantra
A 1987 teaching by Kyabje Lama Thubten Zopa Rinpoche really opens up lớn us the profound meaning và benefits of practicing Tara’s powerful mantra. *****
Kyabje Lama Thubten Zopa Rinpoche walks us through the mantra in a long discussion on Tara, which we have excerpted & shortened below:
– In short, om Tara Tuttare Ture Soha means “I prostrate to lớn the Liberator, Mother of all the Victorious Ones.”
– The Tara mantra is om tare Tuttare Ture Soha. To explain the meaning of Tuttare Ture Soha: Tare means liberating from samsara.
– Tare shows that Mother Tara liberates living beings from samsara, from true suffering, or problems. You can relate this to lớn the particular suffering or human beings: birth, old age, sickness & death; meeting undesirable objects & experiencing aversion; not finding desirable objects or finding them but gaining no satisfaction… All these are the problems of true suffering. If you rely upon Tara by taking refuge in her và doing Tara practices-such as reciting of mantras or praises – with Tare, Tara liberates you from all these true sufferings.
– The second word, Tuttare, liberates you from the eight fears. There are eight fears related to lớn external dangers from fire, water, air, earth và also from such things as thievesa & dangerous animals. However, the main dangers come from ignorance, attachment, anger, pride, jealousy, miserliness, doubt và wrong views. These eight disturbing thoughts that you have in your mind are the main dangers…. This second word,Tuttare, which liberates you from the eight fears, frees you from the true cause of suffering: karma and the all-arising disturbing thoughts.
– The third word Ture, liberates you from disease. Now, of the Four Noble Truths, Ture shows the cessation of suffering, which is the ultimate Dharma. In terms of liberating from disease, the actual disease we have is ignorance not knowing the absolute nature of the I, and all the disturbing thoughts that arise from this ignorance… By liberating us from disease, Ture actually liberates us from the true cause, disturbing thoughts, and also the true sufferings.
– The rough meaning for these three words Tare Tuttare Ture is: “To you, embodiment of all the Buddhas’ actions, I prostrate always – whether I am in happy or unhappy circumstances – with my body, speech and mind.”
–The final word Soha means establishing the root of the path within your heart. In other words, by taking refuge in Tara and doing Tara practice, you receive the blessings of Tara in your own heart. The gives you space lớn establish the root of the path, signified by Tare Tuttare Ture, in your heart. By establishing the path of the three capable beings within your heart, you purify all impurities of your body, speech and mind, & achieve Tara’s pure vajra holy body, holy speech and holy mind, which are signified by om. Your body, speech và mind are transformed into Tara’s holy body, holy speech và holy mind. This is the rough meaning of om Tare Tuttare Ture Soha.